Get support for your idea.
You have reached this page, because you have an idea that could change the course of a young child’s life. you need strategic, financial and hands-on support to bring your idea to life. We want to help you make that happen.
We have an all-year round open call for the submission of ideas and a 3-step approach to granting early stage funding of up to R1 million over the period of 2 years.
Step 1: Propose your idea
Here’s your chance to grab our attention!
Tell us about why we should help make your idea a reality. Proposal form
Step 2: Pitch+ Get investment ready
You’ve proposed and we’ve accepted.
Now the hard work starts. Next is working on the investment case and getting it pitch perfect for our Investment Committee. Here’s where we dive deeper into your business model, theory of change and potential route(s) to scale.
Step 3: Partner
Welcome to our portfolio
This is where we pop the bubbly, welcome you to the Innovation Edge investment portfolio and draw up the funding contract. This is the final step in this process, but the beginning of an exciting journey.
Please make sure that you read our Funding Criteria and Open Source Preferences before you get going.
We accept applications for support from individuals, registered non-profit and for profit organisations.
A successful submission will meet the following criteria:
- The beneficiaries are children between the ages of 0 and 6 (this includes the period of development during pregnancy) in under-resourced South African communities
- The idea convincingly demonstrates how the solution to the challenge will be reached, sustained and scaled without compromising quality
- It’s SMART – specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and proof of concept can be executed within 2 years
- It’s innovative in that it finds an entirely new way of doing things or repurposes an existing solution in order to solve the challenge
- It has an enthusiastic and skilled person/team behind it
Innovations submitted for funding may be at any stage in their development journey. We do not, however, fund the actual scaling of the product. We do aim to link products ready to scale to funders who may be able to help.