Are you as curious and creative as you are resourceful? Would you thrive in an environment where experimentation and learning are valued? Are you prepared to challenge the status quo to improve outcomes? Have people (other than friends and family!) told you how much they love your communications outputs? You might just be our next Social Impact Communications Associate!
About Innovation Edge
There are very few funders willing to invest in unproven, early stage ventures. There are very few resources dedicated to experimentation and innovation in the early childhood sector. We exist to fill these gaps.
Innovation Edge (IE) is an impact-first investor. We support social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs within organisations to develop, test and launch innovative solutions to early childhood challenges in South Africa. We ignite the ecosystem around them; and provide multiple rounds of funding, strategic coaching and connections to social capital.
Our vision is a country where each of our youngest citizens has an optimum early childhood, regardless of the circumstances they’re born into.
About the Job
As the Communications Associate, you’ll be part of the Communications and Culture Team. This team is focused on delivering internal and external creative products and campaigns that engage everyone who works with us; and inspires those who may do so in the future (team members, investees & stakeholders.)
Working closely with the Communications and Culture Principal, you will use your strong writing and editing expertise to reach the hearts and minds of various audiences through compelling storytelling. Responsibilities will include:-
– Using qualitative and quantitative data, related to IE’s impact, to create and deliver compelling communications products to different stakeholders – including our funders, the IE investee communities and the media.
– Building relationships with media, funders and other stakeholders to identify proactive opportunities for third party impact storytelling.
– Identifying and using the most appropriate storytelling tools to support our investees with producing and delivering compelling impact stories across various channels.
– Working with the Digital Content Creator to support creative impact storytelling tactics across social media platforms.
– Working with the wider IE team to encourage and enable a dynamic environment of constant learning and sharing of triumphs and failures.
– Supporting efforts to build and maintain an engaged and thriving community of IE investees.
Required skills and attributes
Strong commitment to human rights and social justice.
Media/communication/marketing/similar Degree or equivalent experiences. required. Life skills experience and voluntary work are recognised and valued.
At least three years’ relevant experience, including demonstrable impact storytelling
Impeccable writing and verbal communication skills.
Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Creativity and willingness to think outside the box.
Resourceful, experimental, curious, purpose-driven.
Effective time and project management skills.
Understanding of intersections among early childhood, social justice and economic issues and the ability to tie these together into cohesive narratives.
Proven ability to work with social entrepreneurs and/or grassroots organisations on communications, research, and/or storytelling.
Insight into emergent impact standards and reporting.
Interested candidates must email a letter of motivation, resume and relevant examples of creative work to [email protected] by 15 June 2022.